Government Ayurveda College, Kannur, Pariyaram, is one of the prestigious Educational Institution in Kerala which is functioning under the Controll of the Director of Ayurveda Medical Education, Thiruvananthapuram (Health and family welfare Department - Government of Kerala). The College imparts education in the field of Ayurveda which is an ancient system of medicine evolved from India. The Institution follows the norms and regulations of CCIM /AYUSH – under Government of India, Principal Acts as the Head of the Institution.
|Principal||Vice Principal||Admin. Assistant||Senior Superintendent|
|Dr. C. Ushakumari||Dr. R. Sreekumar||Sudeshkumar PS||BL Radhakrishnan Nair|
GOVERNMENT AYURVEDA COLLEGE-KANNUR, PARIYARAM
Government Ayurveda College Started functioning at Pariyaram from 01/06/1998 in its own building. Till 31/03/2011 the College possesses the following as its own.
- A,B & C Block of the College building.
- A 150 bedded Ayurveda College Hospital Pariyaram (both IP & OP building)
- Men’s and Ladies Hostel
- Type III quarters for 24 families
- Type II quarters for 8 families.
- Professors Quarters for 8 Families.
- Open well near National Highway.
- Open well near the quarters.
- Street Light on all sides of premises.
- Herbal Garden.
- College Library.
ORGANIZATION SET UP
Government Ayurveda College, Kannur, Pariyaram is functioning under the aegis of the Director, Ayurveda Medical Education, Thiruvananthapuram which is under the H & FW Department, Government Secretariat, Thiruvananthapuram. Principal is the Head of the College. Government have created 84 posts for Government Ayurveda College, Pariyaram till 31/03/2011. The details are furnished below.
FUNCTIONING OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Following 14 Departments (besides Ayurveda College Hospital) are functioning under the College as on 31/03/2011.
- Department of Swasthavritha.
- Department of Koumarabritya.
- Department of Kriyasareera.
- Department of Salyathantra.
- Department of Agadathantra.
- Department of Salakyathantra.
- Department of Prasoothithantra and Sreeroga.
- Department of Rachana Sareeram.
- Department of Roganidana.
- Department of Panchakarma.
- Department of Dravyaguna Vijnanam.
- Department of Samhitha Samskritha & Sindantha.
- Department of Rasasasthra & Bhyshayakalpana.
- Department of Kayachikitsa.
Besides the above, a Collegiate library is also functioning smoothly under the College. There is a Librarian Gr IV working in the library to look after the routine functioning of the library with the assistance of a library Attender. The following are the details of books, periodicals etc. Available in the library as on 31.03.2011.
Government Ayurveda College, Kannur, Pariyaram started functioning in its own building from 01/06/1998 for imparting classes to the BAMS Students. There were 5 batches of BAMS Students with intake capacity of 40 students each year. 2 PG courses in Roganidana & Kriya sareera were also being conducted with an intake capacity of 5 students in each discipline. The College has procured the required Furniture items, lab equipments, Chemicals, Charts, Models, library books etc for all the departments of the College.
IMPLEMENTATION OF RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT :
The Director of Ayurveda Medical Education has re-designated the Appellate authority, PIOs & Asst.PIOs as detailed below vide Order No.417/G2/2011/DAME Dated 16/02/2011.
(1) Appellate Authority - Principal
(2) State Public Information Officer - Administrative Assistant
(3) State Assistant Public Information Officer - Senior Superintendent
All the applications received under Right to Information Act during 2010-2011 had been replied in time.
INTERNAL CONTROL MECHANISM :
Government Ayurveda College, Kannur is functioning under the
Directorate of Ayurveda Medical Education and internal audit of accounts of College and Hospital were conducted annually by the Director of Ayurveda Medical Education, Thiruvananthapuram.