Department of AGADATHANTRA
Department of Agadatantra is one among the clinical departments in the Govt Ayurveda college, Kannur. This department deals with teaching Toxicology, Forensic medicine and Medical Jurisprudence to third year BAMS students and also the management of bite cases, skin disorders arises due to toxicity and allergy and other toxic manifestations.
- To make our Deparment one among the best Agadatantra center in India
- To provide contributions in toxicology to Ayurvedic field by management of bite cases, Allergy, and Dermatology
- To provide knowledge in for BAMS students
- To conduct theory, practical and clinical classes on Agadatantra, Vidhivaidyaka and Vayavahara Ayurveda to third year students
- To manage clinical cases in the outpatient and inpatient departments
- To conduct seminars , discussions and CME s for the advancements of Science to enhance the efficiency of the teachers and UG students
- To conduct unit tests and model examinations for evaluating students and make them competent.
This is one of the clinical dept. amongst the fourteen Departments of Ayurveda Colleges. The Department of Agadatantra Vyavahara Ayurveda and Vidhivaidyaka has been functioning since the starting of Govt. Ayurveda College Kannur.
• Teachers in the department regularly attend CME programmes, reorientation programmes etc. We participate in the various health awareness programmes in the nearby villages. Ayurvedic toxicology has developed various concepts regarding acute poisoning, chronic toxicity, incompatibilities of food and regimen, environmental pollution and even de addiction.
- Professor – Dr Sreevidya C G
Experience- 16 years
- Asso Professsor - vacant
- Asst Professor - Dr Abeena R
Experience- 1 1/2 years
- Asst Professoron Contract -Dr Anusree Mohan
Experience- 2 years
- One for U.G.
Library: Central library as well as department library with modern and ayurveda books is available to refer and to improve the self study habit of students
Museum : keeping toxicological and forensic specimens
Regular academic activities
Theory classes- UG-4 hours per week
Clinical and Practical classes-UG- daily three hours- 18 hours in a week
Training for UG students for Clinical and Practical evaluation
- Conducting practical training and demonstrations on various topics as per CCIM syllubus
- Conducting Postmortem posting at Medical College, Pariyaram for viewing post mortem
- Giving assignments and compilation on various topics, preparation of herbarium sheets and case records for every student
- Conducting OPD on every Saturday
- Conducting court posting as per CCIM syllabus
- Conducting clinical posting in Visha Chikitsa Kendra to see and study traditional manangement of bite cases
OPD & IPD
One OPD is conducting per week
One female beds is allotted in the college hospital
Faculties of this department participate in the medical camps organised by the College Hospital
CME & ROTP
One CME is organised and conducted by the department on 10 and 11 th of January 2019 named Bruhaspathya on Ethical and Legal facets in Medical Practice for faculty under KUHS and Medical officers of ISM Department
Department is actively participated in various programs of college like silver Jubilee programs of the institution
Syllabus –UG syllabus as per CCIM and KUHS
There are 149 books in the department library, which include Ayurveda, modern, research methodology and biostatistics text books.
- Establishment of Daily OPD from 2017 onwards.
- The department organizes International Day of Yoga on June 21st every year with full participation of students as well as teachers.
It has conducted a CME on THERAPEUTIC YOGA in August 2017. The papers presented were edited and published as a book.