Department of KRIYASAREERA
Kriya Sareera is one of the major department amongst the fourteen Departments of Ayurveda Colleges. This department is having the expertise to provide health for people and we give students knowledge in the functional aspects of body – both Ayurveda and modern.
P.G. course started in this college in 2003. Each year Dept. tries to upgrade the quality as per the C.C.I.M. regulations. Teachers and P.G. students in the department regularly attend CME programmes, reorientation programmes etc. We participate and conduct various health awareness programmes in the nearby villages. The Dept. tries to create awareness in the public about the changing lifestyle, their present day health problems, communicable disease prevention – enhancing health through exercise and regulation of diet.
- To provide knowledge in subject Kriya sareera for BAMS students and PG students
- To equip UG and PG students with laboratory practices
- To do researches and contribute to the field of Kriya sareera
- To equip PGs with teaching skill
- To make our Department one among the best PG centers in India
- To provide contributions to Ayurvedic field by innovative researches and findings
- Professor -Dr Ananda Lakshmy K.N - Experience- 16 years
- Asso Professsor-Dr.Anjali Sivaram - Experience- 11 years
- Asst Professor-Dr Pradeep K - Experience- 7 years
- Asst Professor-Dr Hakkeem Panthappulan - Experience- 6 years
- Lab technician- Mrs.Shyma K - Experience- 15years 3 months
- Lab attender-Mr.Peter Illiparambil - Experience -19 years and 5 months
Practical hall: We have two practical halls
- One for U.G.
- One for P.G.
Library: Department library with modern and Ayurveda books is available to refer and to improve the self study habit of students
Seminar Hall : We have a well equipped seminar hall for conducting PG seminars and discussions
Class room: Well equipped smart class rooms with interactive board
Regular academic activities
Theory classes- UG- 5 hours per week
PG- 3 hours per week (in addition to seminars and discussions)
Practical classes-UG- 4 hours per week
PG-2 hours per week
Lab Experiments done by U.G. students
- Haematology practicals
- Urine biochemistry
Training for UG students for Clinicial evaluation
- E.G. – demonstration
- P. assessment
- Systemic examination
- Prakriti assessment (self)
- Saara assessment (self)
Activities of P.G. students:
- PG Research activities including experimental studies, according to the proposal submitted to the university
- Department seminars
- Examination of various systems
- C.G. interpretation
- Classes for paramedicals and demonstration for U Gs
Utility of PG Seminar Hall
- Presentations, analysis of PG research, analysis of patient care sub group results with case presentation
- Statistical evaluation of case studies made by PG students
- Display of interesting cases with applied physiology emphasis
OPD & IPD
To improve research activities, 2 OPDs are being conducted per week.
4 beds are allotted in the college hospital
Camps are organised depending upon the research works undertaken by PG scholars. Faculties of this department participate in the medical camps organised by the College Hospital
CME & ROTP
CME & ROTP are organised and conducted by the department according to the availability of plan fund. Dakshya, CME on biochemistry was conducted in October 2017.
- Department staff is undergoing Phd
- Regularly present papers in national and international seminars
- Staff members and pg students have publications in various journals
- Reducing the prelavance and incidence rate of various communicable and non communicable diseases through medical camps, classes and field works by staff and PG students in and around the locality.
- The failure rate in university exams is less than 2% showing consistent work performance by staff
Key areas of interest in PG researches
Ayurvedic concept revalidation –According to ayurveda, every individual is a unique entity and the analysis of this unique temperament is done through prakriti parikshan.Other areas of research are saara, dosha doosya vivechana and physiological validation of pachakarma
Generally RESERCHES in Kriya Sareera undertaken to
- Assess the parameter as agni, food-exceration ratio, dhatu study, oestrous cycle study etc
- Study the effects of diurnal variation and circadian rhythm
- Determine the safety levels of the nutritive product
After choosing a particular study, every P.G. student presents it before a scientific committee comprising of Head of Departments of all 14 departments. Their valuable suggestions will be included in the study.
- Ethical committee:
Sanction is given by scientific committee, the study is presented before an ethical committee comprising of Principal as patron, several H.O.Ds as members, an advocate, a biostatistician.
Programmes conducted by the Department of Kriya Sareera recently :
Dakshya- CME on Biochemistry
Programs organised as part of silver jubilee celebration of the institutions
Rajata – National Seminar on endocrinology
Syllabus –UG & PG syllabus as per CCIM and KUHS
There are 363 books in the department library, which include Ayurveda, modern, research methodology and biostatistics text books. Books are issued to PG students for a period of 2 weeks.
- To be a center of excellence in Ayurveda.
- To mould skillful and knowledgeable physicians.
- To achieve holistic health in the community.
- To provide high professional standards in teaching, quality healthcare and research.
- To impart knowledge to the students regarding Ayurveda medicine and treatment for the benefit of patients
- Research work pertaining to Ayurvedic medicine and general welfare of the people.
- Providing traditional and classical Ayurveda treatment by a team of dedicated doctors and creating a premier, patient focused and integrated health care delivery system for achieving the highest grade of patient satisfaction.
- To achieve holistic health locally, nationally and globally.
- Unique educational pattern to produce leading Ayurveda physicians and scientists of future for unraveling the ancient knowledge through research
- To become a global center of excellence in ayurveda medical education and healthcare
- To add Ayurved in everyday life.
- To utilize micro teaching learning programmefor advanced teaching
- To conduct evidence base clinical trials to invent new drugs, formulations and inter-desplinary research and validation of past principles and formulations.
- To work on mission mode for getting accredation NABH to meet the global standards.
|Sl.No||Name||Designation||Reg. No.||Date of Birth||Qualification||Experience||CCIM code No.||Photograph||Remarks|
|1||Dr.Ajitha.K||Professor||6337||16.05.69||BAMS, MD-Kriyasareera||16 years & 11 months||AYUKS0078|
|2||Dr.Anjali Sivaram||Asso. Professor||7521||21.07.1977||BAMS, MD-Kriyasareera||11 years & 4 months||AYUKS0079|
|3||Dr.Hakkeem Panthapulan||Asst. Professor||9784||06.02.1984||BAMS, MD-Kriyasareera||6 years & 8 months||AYUKS0122|