Department of SWASTHAVRITHA
The Department of Swasthavritta deals with imparting knowledge of Preventive and Social medicine in Ayurveda as well as modern science to BAMS as well as Paramedical students of Govt. Ayurveda College, Kannur Pariyaram.
Dr.Sheela.S, MD (Ay)
Professor & HOD
Dr.Vinuraj.S, MD (Ay)
Dr.Arjun C M, MD (Ay)
Dr Delna Pavithram, MD (Ay)
To bring out Ayurvedic graduates efficient enough to maintain the health of the community as well as to prevent diseases.
- To teach students Ayurvedic principles of Community medicine
- To teach students Modern concepts of Community Medicine
- To teach students Yoga and Naturopathic principles
- To teach students the practical aspects of Dinacharya, Ritucharya, Ayurvedic dietetics, Naturopathy and Yoga.
- Conducting theory classes for IIIrd year B.A.M.S Students
- Yoga Demonstration and practical classes
- Clinical classes for the students
- Naturopathy practical class
- Study Tour and Academic visits as per NCISM syllabus.
- Daily O.P.in the Hospital
- P. Treatment facilities are provided in the Ward
- Therapeutic Yoga is given to the patients
- Special yoga training programs are conducting for the public
- Conducting Medical survey for Lifestyle Diseases
- Geriatric O.P.is conducting on every Wednesdays
- Disease specific dietary management for life style diseases, communicable and non-communicable disease.
- Ayur Reksha Clinics - for preventing the Covid-19 disease through Ayurvedic medicines by conducting Swasthyam & Sughayushyam Projects in Swasthavritta OPD’s.
- Punarjani for reducing the complications of post Covid-19 patients
- Bheshajam for the management of Covid 19 patients.
- Prana – Therapeutic Yoga session for contracting post Covid syndromes
|The OP Duties are as follows|
|Day’s||8 am-1 pm|
|Dr. Delna Pavithram MD(Ay)|
|Dr. Arjun C. M. MD(Ay)|
|Dr. Sheela S. MD(Ay)|
|Dr. Vinuraj S. MD(Ay)|
Dr. Sheela S MD(Ay)/Dr. Arjun C. M. MD(Ay)/Dr. Vinuraj S MD(Ay)
|Dr. Sheela S MD (Ay)/Dr Vinuraj S/ Delna Pavithram MD(Ay)|
Apart from teaching faculties there is an honorary yoga instructor, Mr. Krishnadas K T, who trains the students & conduct therapeutic yoga for patients.
Swasthavritha department has a good library which has 190 books on Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy and Modern medicine.
In Swasthavritha Museum 28 models, 83 charts, 63 specimens are now available. Along with that Yoga &Naturopathic instruments are also kept for practical’s and demonstration purposes.
There is a tutorial room which is used for training of BAMS as well as Paramedical students.
Trains students in OPD on Swastha and Yoga excluding Sundays and IPD in the college hospital. . The Department also teaches Yoga and Naturopathy to them. Patients with lifestyle disorders are managed mainly in the OPD with medicines as well as dietary modifications and lifestyle modification by way of suggesting proper dinacharya and Yogic exercise. Apart from these the department is involved in conducting medical camps and awareness classes at various places of Kannur district. A study tour is conducted every year for BAMS students to visit various institutions prescribed in the syllabus such as Yoga and Naturopathy Hospital, Sewage Treatment Plant, Water treatment plant, Milk processing unit etc.
The department conducted a CME for Ayurveda College Teachers as well as medical practitioners on THERAPEUTIC YOGA in August 2017.
DEPARTMENTAL ACTIVITES (2021 -2022)
NSS YOGA CAMP FOR MEDICAL COLLEGE STUDENTS.
A Yoga Camp for Pariyaram Medical College students were conducted via online platform for three days from January 20th to 22nd, 2021 organized by Dept. of Swasthavritta as a part of NSS Camp in Pariyaram Medical College.
NSS YOGA CAMP FOR AYURVEDA COLLEGE STUDENTS.
A Yoga Camp for Pariyaram Ayurveda College students were conducted via online platform for three days from February 18th to 20th, 2021 organized by Dept. of Swasthavritta as a part of NSS Camp in Pariyaram Govt. Ayurveda College.
Dr. Jyolsna P. took an awareness class on topic “Iron deficiency awareness” via online platform, organized under Thaliparambu CDPO on June 12th and 102 students from different colleges were participated in this session
INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY
On 21st June 2021International Yoga Day was celebrated in College. Because of Covid-19 pandemic the complete Yoga Day celebration programmes were conducted in online platform. The session started with short speech on “relavance of Yoga” by Dr. Sheela S., HoD & Professor, Dept. of Swasthavritha and followed by Yoga demonstration session were done by doctors in the department via online platform for students and staff.
National Ayurveda day Celebration
This year in 2021, the 6th national Ayurveda day was celebrated on November 2,2021. On this regard Government Ayurveda college Kannur, were conducted a meeting on the celebration of Ayurveda Day and Dept. of Swasthavritta was assigned to organize and conduct the whole programs with the participation of other departments. Dr. Vinuraj S, Associate professor from Dept. of Swasthavritha was Assigned to be the General Convenor of the Programme committee and Dr. Jyolsna P and Dr. Arjun C M, Assistant Professors from the dept. of Swasthavritha were the Programme coordinating members. Whole programs of this auspicious occasion were well planned and conducted under the guidance of Dr. Sheela S, Professor and HoD, Dept. of Swasthavritha
World Diabetes Day Observation
Every year world diabetes day is observing on November 14 and this year’s theme was “Access to Diabetes care”. On this regard Government Ayurveda college, Pariyaram, Kannur, were conducted a meeting on the celebration of world diabetes day and Dept. of Swasthavritta was assigned to organize and conduct the whole programs with the participation of all other departments along with UG & PG students and staff.
CME FOR AYURVEDA COLLEGE TEACHERS AND ISM MEDICAL OFFICERS, KERALA
Dept. of Swasthavritha conducted a CME “TAVASYA 2022” on topic “Effect of yoga and pranayama in post Covid complications with special reference to pulmonary fibrosis” from 21/03/2022 to 23/03/2022. CME was sponsored by Department of AYUSH and Directorate of Ayurveda Medical Education. Because of Covid situations, CME was conducted on online platform with more than 50 participants from various Ayurveda Colleges and ISM Department
- Establishment of Daily OPD from 2017 onwards.
- The department organizes International Day of Yoga on June 21st every year with full participation of students as well as teachers.
It has conducted a CME on THERAPEUTIC YOGA in August 2017. The papers presented were edited and published as a book.