Department of KAYACHIKITSA
Objective: Teaching of Kayachikitsa for B.A.M.S Students
Vision & Mission:
- To produce efficient physicians of Kayachikitsa
- To deliver scientific treatment to patients approaching hospital.
- To coordinate with other departments in the functioning of the college and hospital
- To improve ourselves in teaching.
- To conduct educational programmes for teachers and medical officers.
- To undertake research activities on areas related to Kayachikitsa.
- Professor :Dr.K.Murali
- Associate Professor: Dr. Sreelatha Chandroth
- Assistant Professors: Dr. Mini V.G., Dr. Mithun C.K.
Regular: Teaching the theoretical and practical aspects of Kayachikitsa, utilizing the facilities of hospital and academic building
Special: Department used to conduct continuing medical education programmes, seminar etc. whenever funds are made available by the Government.
Faculty is regularly attending many National and State level seminars presenting papers.
- Establishment of Daily OPD from 2017 onwards.
- The department organizes International Day of Yoga on June 21st every year with full participation of students as well as teachers.
It has conducted a CME on THERAPEUTIC YOGA in August 2017. The papers presented were edited and published as a book.
Professors Room, Staff Room, Tutorial Room, OP department with diagnostic facilities, Inpatient Ward